Taking part in conventions, expos, and trade shows are essential for any business looking to scale up their operations and expand their business network. The success of your trade show depends on several factors, such as your own marketing skills, people skills and, of course, your products and services.
However, there is no denying that humans are visual creatures. So, it is imperative to have a visually appealing tradeshow display in San Diego if you want to attract people towards your booth or table.
Here are PLC Print’s top six things you need for an effective trade show display in San Diego:
1. Posters and Banners
Posters may be your most affordable option to announce your presence in the trade show. Since posters are affordable print and easily seen in public spaces, it’s the ideal way to gain the attention of more than one customer at a time.
On the other hand, banners are great for making bold statements and broadcasting your message to groups of people. Vinyl banners are also sturdier than traditional card stock posters. A retractable banner also allows you to use and reuse it at multiple trade show displays in San Diego or elsewhere.
Moreover, both posters and banners can be displayed beside or at the back of your booth for a quick and economical display booth design.
- For relatively smaller posters, keep the design simple and the pertinent information large and easily readable.
- Place your banners and posters in areas with high foot traffic, such as in the main hallways, near the doors, towards the food stands, and beside escalators or elevators.
2. Business Cards
Never forget to bring custom printed business cards for your trade show display. Business cards can help you form more personal connections and improve your networking efforts.
Although it may be faster and easier to connect with people by asking for their social media profiles or email address, handing a business card boosts your legitimacy and professionalism as a business owner and makes sure that they have a way to reach out to you.
- Having a custom holder to display your business cards can help you catch people’s attention and serve as an ice-breaker or conversation starter.
- Additionally, having your business card on display allows potential customers who are too shy to approach you to still get your contact information themselves.
- Add a discount coupon or QR code to the back of your business card to help you track your leads and encourage customer engagement.
3. Promotional Items
Everyone loves free items. No matter the age, gender, or any other demographic, everyone appreciates free samples and useful branded products.
Your choice of promotional items can make or break your trade show display in San Diego. Make sure to carefully plan what customized items to order for this special event.
PLC Print offers a wide range of unique and much-loved promotional items, including t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, and water bottles.
- Use smaller promotional items, such as branded USB drives and keychains, as simple thank you gifts for people who approach your display booth and listen to your spiel.
- For larger items, like water tumblers and tote bags, you can use these as prizes for raffle draws or special giveaways.
4. Branded T-shirts
Wearing a custom shirt with your business logo helps you and your staff present a smart-casual and professional image. The consistent look also helps your business stand out from the crowd.
Moreover, branded clothing complements your overall trade show display design. It helps unify all your efforts and allows trade show attendees to easily identify your brand and your display, even when you are not currently manning the booth.
- Have a theme design or color, preferably your brand color, to make it easier for people to know what business you represent.
- Carry extra shirts to give as rewards or promotional items for people who sign-up for your services or for those that purchase a certain amount of your products.
- Make sure the shirts with your brand on them are made with a comfortable fabric so you and your team will be comfortable while manning your booth and so people that you give shirts away to will be more likely to wear them (thus advertising your brand to potential clients).
5. Catalog, Brochures, and Flyers
Catalogs and brochures can be used not only as hand-outs to potential customers and business partners but also as beautiful display items on your booth or table. Additionally, these marketing materials carry extensive information about your company and your products or services.
Flyers are simple yet effective ways to gain people’s attention and provide information about your booth. These can be put on display in racks on your trade show table or handed out to people going in and around the convention center.
- Make sure to have a unifying design or theme for your catalog, brochures, and other handouts or display materials. This can be as simple as a theme color or a specific image.
- Drive engagement further by using your flyers as raffle tickets or discount coupons.
A Trusted Custom Print Partner
All five essentials we mentioned are only possible if you have a reliable print partner. With PLC Print in your corner, you’ll have fantastic custom printed marketing tools.
Whether you need branded promotional items, simple posters and flyers, or multi-page catalog booklets, PLC Print can deliver on all fronts.
Best of all, we also offer custom trade show displays. We offer full design, planning, and custom printing of your whole display booth — from large graphic backdrops and tents to small display cases and floor graphics.
If you have an event, conference, exhibition, or expo in San Diego coming up, contact us today to learn more about how we can help you create a successful display for your product or service!